Extension agents can assist Florida farmers and ranchers in the labeling, sale, and promotion of locally-produced products. This six part series of 3- to 5-page fact sheets provides information about Florida consumers’ perceptions of local food to Extension faculty who are interested in local food programming or who work with local food clientele. Written by Joy N. Rumble and Caroline G. Roper, and published by the UF Department of Agricultural Education and Communication, September 2014.
In this series:
- Florida Consumer Definitions of Local Food
- Florida Consumers’ Local Food Purchasing Behaviors
- Florida Consumers’ Reasons for Purchasing Local Food
- Florida Consumers’ Food Buying Decisions when Given Local Food Information
- Florida Consumers’ Flexibility with the Term “Local”
- Florida Consumers’ Fresh from Florida Perceptions